it's 15 minutes into January 2nd 2013, and i'm not excited about the new year at all. I'm not really dreading it either.. i just have no expectations.
I do find it interesting.. that at that moment when we change over into a new year, it does feel like something is ending and beginning all at that single moment. But it fact it is just another day, another day like the one before.. and like the one yet to come.
I wasn't all that impressed with 2012. I had high hopes going into it. I can remember how i felt.. and now i'm heading into 2013 a bit more harder, sadder, older, pessimistic, and while i do have hope for a good year.. there isn't much there.
2012.. you did give me a few memories...
- 3 beautiful, amazing brand new nieces!
- so much time with all my nieces and nephew which has been so much fun (and tiring)
- new windows in the dressing room.
- a good friend moved closer
- more amazing time in arkansas
- Fiona Apple, Florence & the Machine and Flogging Molly
- more game nights and more wine
2012.. you also took a few things..
- a good friend moved away
- psoriasis has seemingly disappeared (!! Lets hope it stays away!)
- loss.. my paternal grandmother passed away on December 29th. I'm not sure she ever knew how much she meant to me. I was always bad with words and not good at keeping in touch. I love her so much. She was always such a strong woman for me to look up too. I have so many great memories and stories. Luetta you are an amazing woman and you will be missed in this world.
2013.. i don't expect much from you..
just don't kick me while i'm down.
i'm not looking forward to another birthday, but i am looking forward to repeats of some of the good thing from last year.
And maybe you will be kind enough to grant eric and i a bit of good fortune. Only time will tell.
To everyone else. I hope you all have closed a door on what was a beautiful 2012 and are opening a door to 2013 with new eyes and all the hope to light up the sky.
And if you have some extra.. shine some light my way.. i could use it right about now.
(aunt frankie.. i hope you don't mind i grabbed this photo off your facebook)