Bob is Eric's grandpa whose house we are living in now.
So this weekend we spent more time on the front porch project.
After looking at options for insulation and looking at the ceiling some more it was decided that the ceiling had to come down. So that was this weekends project. And whooboy it was a dirty one!
|Remember the ceiling... ?|
So much dust, dirt, debris and other stuff fell on our heads. We went through 4 or 5 face masks so we didn't breath in too much of that crap.
|Husband working on removing the last board from the ceiling|
Then we started to survey the damage.
Ugg.. well this will obviously need to be replaced.. The cross beam is completely rotted and we will be putting a new one in.
|old water damage|
We found somethings nest.....
|A nest.. fortunately already vacated.|
|The bone? we found in the nest! Looks like a rib bone.. of what I have no clue!|
So things we will be working on next...
Replacing that rotted beam. Adding more as the beams are like 3 feet apart! So we will add more for the support of the new ceiling. Jacking up the roof.... So I don't have a picture and I will try to take one before we start working on it.. but the roof is sagging at the peak by 4 or 5 inches so we are going to jack it back up so it's level and add more supports so it doesn't start to sag again.
Then install the insulation and hang the new ceiling!
not much.. not much at all...
Hopefully the temperatures don't drop to much too soon so that we can get this work done before it gets too cold and before I need to paint.. but there are always space heaters!
Till next time!
Total: still only $7 but that is going to change pretty quickly!